Planned Flu Clinics from 24th September 2020 by appointment only to eligible groups.
Thursday & Friday afternoons
- Saturday 3rd October
- Saturday 10th October
- Saturday 17th October
We are planning to provide our flu clinics in a COVID-safe environment for our eligible patients.
Things will be a bit different this year due to social distancing requirements and extra measures to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
If you think you qualify for a free flu jab (see below) and you are attending a face to face appointment with a nurse or doctor on or after w/c 21st September then please ask them to give you your vaccination at the same time. This will help to reduce the numbers attending our flu clinics, but will of course depend on our stock availability at the time.
The flu jab is being extended to additional groups this year including the over 50s. This will be in line with NHSE guidance and we’ll be prioritising our high risk groups first. Therefore, we do not expect to be able to offer vaccinations to the 50-64 age group before Nov/Dec unless you are included in one of the high risk groups.
In 2020/21 groups eligible for the NHS funded flu vaccination programme are the same as last year, although this may change if the programme is expanded, and include:
- all children aged two to ten (but not eleven years or older) on 31 August 2020
- those aged six months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 65 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- health and social care staff employed by a registered residential care/nursing home, registered domiciliary care provider, or a voluntary managed hospice provider.