Clinics and Services
We offer a range of services including:
Dr Cherepanov provides minor surgery services. Please make an appointment with the relevant doctor to discuss your requirements.
Our practice nurses are available by appointment. They can help you with:
- Assessment and treatment/dressing of minor injuries, post op wounds, leg ulcers and removal of stitches.
- Asthma – inhaler techniques, and asthma care and review. If you have been asked to complete a Asthma Review, please complete this form.
- COPD – assessment, spirometry, care and review.
- If you have been asked to complete a COPD Review, please complete this form.
- Other Chronic Diseases including Diabetes, CHD, IHD, Stroke, TIA, Angina, CKD, Hypertension Angina.
- Blood pressure checks and monitoring.
- If you have been asked to complete a Blood Pressure Review, please complete this form.
- 24 hour BP.
- Cervical Smears well women screening, hormone replacement monitoring (HRT).
- Contraception, emergency contraception, family planning, Chlamydia screening.
- If you have been asked to complete a Contraception Review, please complete this form.
- Immunisations – babies, children, adults travelling to other countries
- Blocked Ears
Healthcare Assistants can help with:
- Blood pressure checks
- Uncomplicated dressings
- ECG checks
- INR tests
- Injections – Vitamin B12
- Blood tests
- Health Promotion
- New Patient Health Checks
Maternity care, Postnatal Care
Ladies are requested to make a appointment with the midwife when they first discover they are pregnant. The midwife will need to know the date the last period started and will advise on the next steps. The midwife will usually first see you between 8-10 weeks of the pregnancy. The midwife will complete a patient-held record and arrange a dating scan.
Child Health Clinic
A planned programme of health and development checks are carried out together with vaccinations every Wednesday, 09:30 – 12:30.
We offer a range of foreign travel immunisations . You usually require 8-10 weeks to have the course. The practice nurse can give up to date advice regarding your travel. For more information, please visit our Travel Room.
Family Planning and Sexual Health Clinic
If you require a coil or implant then please call us on 01594 838 108 to arrange an appointment. Dr Ramsey provides a coil and contraceptive implant fitting and removal service.
The Department of Health recommends that all children are immunised to protect against a range of diseases. Your health visitor a practice nurse will tell you about these and invitations to bring your children for vaccination will be sent to you at the appropriate time
We advise all adults (especially farmers and gardeners) to be protected against Tetanus. Please check your immunity status with the reception staff.
The Department of Health recommends flu vaccination for patients of all ages with heart, chest or kidney disease, diabetes and some other chronic diseases. It is also recommended for all people over the age of 65 years, carers, pregnant women, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6-year-olds and for nursing home residents.
For more information, please visit our Health Review and Assessment Clinic Room.
Gloucestershire Care Services (GCS)
Services that are provided by GCS and held at the Health Centre:
- District Nursing
- Midwives (ante natal and parenting classes)
- Speech Therapy
Telephone number: 0300 421 8850
Contraception & Sexual Health
Due to COVID-19, from w/c 16th March we will be suspending all drop in sexual health clinics and from 24th March this will also apply to our clinic and service for coils and implants.
Tuesdays 12:30 – 17:00
To order a home test kit, or to explore our range of services visit www.hopehouse.nhs.uk
Other services provided by the PCT include, district nursing, speech therapy, physiotherapy, chiropody, baby clinics.